I rather wish the sessions had been video’d, as the slideshows — particularly Tom Coates’ all-singing all-dancing extravaganza, Brendan Dawes’ interactive 2D physics and certainly David McCandless’ infographics — did carry quite a bit of weight. Nonetheless, thanks to Drew, that man of men, the podcasts are now up, and I heartily recommend you go download the following:
- Marty Neumeier on innnovation and design, arguing for making damned sure whatever you’re building isn’t just good, but different (and romantic).
- John Gruber on The Auteur Theory of Design. Every film reference seemed specifically aimed at me. Thanks John :)
- James Bridle on The Value of Ruins might have been my favorite of the conference; a natural speaker, informative and surprising from start to finish.
- Tom Coats on Everything the Network Touches needs the amazing slideshow somewhat, but should be a good listen nonetheless.
- Merlin Mann on Nerds is as always just a wonderful stream of words from the Mann himself. Without video I’m afraid you’ll have to imagine just how much Merlin looks like an animated, upbeat Stephen King.
- David McCandless on data visualization was great, but rather dependent on the slideshow. Luckily, he did a talk at TED, which by his own words, was largely the same.
Of course, if you simply want to gobble it all down into the belly of iTunes, here’s an RSS feed.